Does your passion lie in creating, deploying, and growing solutions from concept stage to industry-leader status? Our Director of Research & Advisory Services is more than just a position, it’s an opportunity to leave your mark on an entire industry. Globally, $4 trillion is spent annually on telecom, mobility and IT products, services, and solutions. Business, public sector, and service provider professionals working in the telecom, mobility, and IT management industry seek industry, performance, and best practice insights to support their investments. Where our Director of Research & Advisory Services has the opportunity to make an impact is s/he will develop the solution as well as the team delivering insights to meet the ever-changing demands placed on our customers/members.
Why AOTMP®? Simply put, it’s the people.
AOTMP® Associates are curious, aware, and passionate. Energized during the journey and laser focused on results, our team is made up of professionals who are ethical, knowledgeable, authentic, adaptable, low-maintenance, and – they shine.
- Curiosity drives AOTMP® Associates to dig deep as a way to truly understand individual clients and business needs. Cookie-cutter assumptions and recommendations aren’t part of an AOTMP® Associate’s toolkit, they use big brain logic in addition to never-ending tenacity to solve critical business problems.
- AOTMP® Associates are situationally aware. They understand their audience and are able to adapt seamlessly. Awareness is guided by experience, humility, and a relentless desire to effortlessly communicate and connect.
- Results define an AOTMP® Associate’s passion. A persistent quest for knowledge coupled with a desire to push the innovation envelope characterizes their dedication. In their eyes, the job isn’t done until results are achieved.
We believe the most successful people in a position like that of a Director of Research and Advisory Services have the ability to adopt best practices, follow established processes and embrace feedback with a mindset of continuous improvement. We believe he/she has a natural curiosity and share their knowledge and expertise with others. He/she understand the priorities of members/customers and build trust by delivering value and leveraging key internal collaboration to drive results. We also believe he/she excels at needs assessment, requirements gathering, business process analysis, best practice gap analysis, business case development, recommendation creation (all of which are customer/member facing)…it’s about being able to do all of these things for our members/customers.
The Director of Research and Advisory Services needs to be able to address the scope of domain expertise AOTMP brings to the table whether that be in the telecom, mobility of IT management areas. He/she is responsible for the planning and execution throughout the lifecycle of all Advisory services, including but not limited to: gathering and prioritizing customer/member requirements, conducting market research to create enhancements and/or new offerings, defining the vision, creation of timeframes as well as strategic plans, crafting marketing strategies by working closely with all internal departments to ensure revenue and CSAT goals are met. In parallel, the Director of Advisory Services is responsible for ensuring the service(s) support the organization’s overall strategy and goals. While being the lead/primary consultant delivering to customers.
- Highly strategic mindset that has “what’s next” front of mind as it relates to enhancements and creation of new offerings while applying a strong business acumen and decision-making skills
- Experienced in forming new processes/campaigns/content in order to impact the bottom line of the organization both internally as well as for our members/customers.
- Expert collaborator and able to achieve meaningful progress working alongside others
- Adept at making decisions and independently manage and drive results
- Highly able to develop cross-department communication with Marketing and Sales to help them develop and boost cross-selling activities.
- Highly skilled at performing needs assessments, gathering of requirements, performing business process and best practice gap analysis, creating businesses cases as well as recommendations for customers/members.
- High level of accountability.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform as the lead/primary advisor (consultant), research trends in the telecom, mobility and IT management industries
- Promote the domain expertise of AOTMP by publishing thought-leadership articles, speaking at second- and third-party events, engaging in social media as an expert in the industry, etc.
- Work to build a team of advisors within the organization
- Leverage business relationships to create win-win opportunities for all and while bringing positive impact to the bottom line of the organization (both internal as well customers/members)
- Mentor others in order to build bench strength within the organization
- Drive the entire vision and delivery of innovative new Advisory products/services to not only grow the business but, keep it relevant and competitive
- Develop pricing, positioning strategies and roadmap then work with all groups on how to present, position, sell all Advisory services
- Bring new products to market with return-on-investment analysis
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems
- Aligning all Advisory products and services to Efficiency First Framework
- Alignment to the organization’s P&L as it pertains to Advisory Services products/services
- Create long- and short-term sales forecasts as well as analysis of activities/initiatives
- Act as a product evangelist to build awareness and understanding for all Advisory services
- Be the SME for Advisory Services
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or relevant discipline
- 5+ years of experience within telecom, mobility, IT management industry in the role of a consultant, research analyst, thought-leader, etc.
- 10+ years of client service and operational experience in telecom, IT, research, process improvement, business information, or another service (non-tangible) related business
- 5+ years overseeing consulting teams or teams dedicated to an organization’s client satisfaction experience
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Experience in developing customer contracting documents
- Highly skilled in understanding of the P&L and how Advisory Services impact the success of the organization
- Expert in presenting to varied audiences – everything from front-line practitioners up to and including high-level/strategic decision-makers
- Excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite – Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with a team on projects
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- MBA preferred
- Lean or six sigma knowledge is a plus
This position does not initially have any direct reports
The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer. This position works in our office located at 7602 Woodland Drive, Suite #150, Indianapolis, IN 46278.
To apply for this position, click here!