Upon completing this course, you will have learned how to:
– Recognize personally identifiable information
– Describe the benefits of the Privacy Shield
– Explain the protections that HIPAA provides
– List the various components of the Electronic Communications Privacy Act
– Describe the purview of the National Institute of Standards and Technology
– Summarize the expanded rights the California Consumer Privacy Act provides Californians
Unlike other regions of the world, the United States does not have a single set of data privacy regulations. Instead, multiple laws focus on data privacy and the expectation is that companies will know which ones govern their industry. This lesson provides learners with a better understanding of the regulations which should guide their decision-making processes. Course topics include Privacy Shield, HIPAA, the Electronic Communications Privacy Act, and the California Consumer Privacy Act.