It’s official: remote and hybrid working arrangements will persist long past the pandemic. According to one forecast from Gartner, 51% of all knowledge workers globally were working remotely at the end of 2021. That means billions of smartphones, laptops, and tablets in the hands of workers across the globe — and a new approach to employee engagement and productivity.
The stakes are high to strike the right balance between cost-consciousness and employee satisfaction, with more than half of workers considering a job change, as well as talent shortages looming large in corporate awareness. Improving the way businesses manage employee experience through technology is no longer a nice-to-have; it’s a necessity.
Moving forward through 2022 and beyond, IT must be flexible, centralized, and frictionless to satisfy the needs of the business and its employees alike.
- Cloud-based: Work-from-anywhere means access from anywhere. Cloud-based storage makes remote work possible, but the flexibility of cloud-based technology doesn’t require unlimited spend. 80% of organizations overshoot their cloud budgets because they aren’t managing vendors effectively. Automate customized workflows to streamline processes and improve accuracy, leaving employees to focus on skilled work.
- Device access: True flexibility means never having to worry about the right level of buffer inventory or manually adjusting device stock as needs change. Put ownership back into the hands of the business and leverage maximum buying power with Device as a Service (DaaS) solutions. Enable employees to request devices they need, when they need them, while simultaneously keeping your budget intact.
- UCaaS: Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) comprises the tools helping collaboration from afar: cloud-based telephony, online meeting software, instant messaging, etc. But adopting these tools singly keeps communication and software management siloed. Keep employees connected and on the same page by managing a full suite of communication tools from a single platform. Centralized management also ensures you’re only paying for the licenses used.
- Managed mobility: These days, “mobile” means so much more than smartphones. Laptops, tablets, wearables, and hotspots are all part of the mobile device network that’s central to the work-from-anywhere world. But a network is only a singular entity if you can identify all the endpoints. Managed mobility services (MMS) save your workforce the time and headache of handling purchasing, invoices, and tech support. If they do run into trouble, MMS provides 24/7 support at one central hub.
- UX/UI: Providing teams with software that is easy to use and learn has never mattered more. With little to no in-person, IT support, empower your teams with low-touch, intuitive tools that make working from anywhere a pleasure, — not a burden.
In the world of remote work, technology lays the foundation for employee experience. People who spend more time doing their jobs — and less time managing tech — are happier, more productive, and more satisfied. Leverage the power of flexible, centralized, and frictionless IT to empower remote teams to perform at their best without compromising your budget.